Finished translation was saved with wrong language comincation
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Markus Heinrich
Markus Heinrich
Markus Heinrich
Ierland
Duits naar Engels
Mar 28, 2016

Hello,

I am having a problem and am hoping someone can help me. I translated a file in wordfast and at the end saved it "save translated file" as a Word document. The problem is it is saved as DE-DE so I had German accidentally set as the target language instead of English. Now my spell check in MS Word does not work properly, it does not find wrongly spelled English words, and when I try to change the language to English, it automatically puts it back to German. How do I change the
... See more
Hello,

I am having a problem and am hoping someone can help me. I translated a file in wordfast and at the end saved it "save translated file" as a Word document. The problem is it is saved as DE-DE so I had German accidentally set as the target language instead of English. Now my spell check in MS Word does not work properly, it does not find wrongly spelled English words, and when I try to change the language to English, it automatically puts it back to German. How do I change the anguage of my saved translation so I can spell check it for English spelling errors?

Thank you!
Collapse

Jenae Spry
Jenae Spry  Identity Verified
Verenigde Staten
Local time: 16:27
Frans naar Engels
Disable auto detect Mar 29, 2016

When you open the language window, there should be a box checked that says detect language automatically. Disable that feature for your document so that it will not change the language on you. Once you've set the language for the entire document and disabled this feature, you should be able to run spell check.

neilmac
neilmac
Spanje
Local time: 01:27
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
Horses for courses Mar 29, 2016

Get a native English-speaking colleague to check it for you.

Markus Heinrich
Markus Heinrich
Ierland
Duits naar Engels
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Thank you Apr 2, 2016

I will try to disable auto detect. And get a friend to proofread in case that does not work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Finished translation was saved with wrong language comincation

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »