Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Thread poster: Marion Schimmelpfennig
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 15:28
English to German
+ ...
remote headset Nov 11, 2004

Hi! upon second thought, a remote headset is actually more helpful, especially if you are planning to do voice over or processing files involving voice content, because then you could sit in a more silent room to do your work, thereby other surrounding noises. Some of these digital type of headsets do around 15m wireless distant access to the comp.
Rgds, Brandis

Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
Plantronics headset with Skype Nov 13, 2004

All of the employees in my company use the Plantronics Audio 90 with SKYPE. It is excellent. I've also used it with Yahoo Messenger v6 and it is fine.

http://www.plantronics.com/europe_union/en_GB/productSearch/prod440020?prodfind=true
... See more
All of the employees in my company use the Plantronics Audio 90 with SKYPE. It is excellent. I've also used it with Yahoo Messenger v6 and it is fine.

http://www.plantronics.com/europe_union/en_GB/productSearch/prod440020?prodfind=true

Jeff
http://www.geocities.com/jeffallenpubs/
Collapse

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
Look for metal headband! Nov 14, 2004

Hi,

since quite a long time now I'm using a "normal" (not USB) Gembird "Multimedia-headset" which I bought in Prague for about 15 Euros. It's made in China and did not make any problems so far.
The major reason why I chose this one was that all the others were made of plastic but this Gembird has a very stable metal-headband (adjustable) which will not break through as did my old plastic ones.
As for Skype, you must have at least Windows XP - I tried the new version wit
... See more
Hi,

since quite a long time now I'm using a "normal" (not USB) Gembird "Multimedia-headset" which I bought in Prague for about 15 Euros. It's made in China and did not make any problems so far.
The major reason why I chose this one was that all the others were made of plastic but this Gembird has a very stable metal-headband (adjustable) which will not break through as did my old plastic ones.
As for Skype, you must have at least Windows XP - I tried the new version with Windows 98 and it did not work at all. So I'll stick to my good old Netmeeting which also offers file-transfer, chat and Whiteboard for drawings or copied text at the same time:)

Charlotte
Collapse

setty123
setty123
Local time: 18:58
English
Creative headphone is my choice.. Aug 17, 2007

Hi Marion,

I would recommend creative headphones as they are skype verified.

Regards,
Niranjan Setty
http://www.PatentPendingbiz.com

Marion Schimmelpfennig wrote:

Hi,

some of my clients have begun to use Skype to eliminate high phone costs and I would like to join them. I have a free USB slot, but am not sure what phone/headset to buy. So far, I have only found normal phones with USB-capability (rather expensive), and I still have to buy a USB-adapter to make it work (another 100 or more euros).

Any suggestions where to find a less expensive (and easier) solution?

Many thanks,
Marion

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »