Egyesült Királyság
Local time: 13:13
Tag (2004 óta)
angol - cseh
+ ...
Nov 1, 2004

Technical details: Pentium4, WindowsXP, dial-up connection, Trados 6.5

Hello,
I am having problems downloading Trados. As I do not have broadband, I am using a dial-up connection and SubscribeNET Download Accelerator.
When I get to about 96% of the Trados Installer file being downloaded, the download stops and the following message appears: "Unable to load file. File 'Trados_6.5_Freelance_6.5.3.439.exe':no connection attempts left." At that point FTP0,1 and 2 are not sho
... See more

Hello,
I am having problems downloading Trados. As I do not have broadband, I am using a dial-up connection and SubscribeNET Download Accelerator.
When I get to about 96% of the Trados Installer file being downloaded, the download stops and the following message appears: "Unable to load file. File 'Trados_6.5_Freelance_6.5.3.439.exe':no connection attempts left." At that point FTP0,1 and 2 are not shown in the window anymore and FTP3,4 and 6 have "Data receive failed" message. The download accelerator will not re-start despite the internet connection being still on or being re-set.

Also all the manuals and instruction mention that the file is downloaded in .zip format. Mine comes in .exe. Is this because of using the Download Accelerator?

Thank you very much for all your help.
Collapse

Tony Meuter
Tony Meuter  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:13
angol - francia
+ ...
I couldn't download either : I ordered the physical pack (CDRom+manual) by post Nov 1, 2004

Marcela Hashim wrote:

Hello,
When I get to about 96% of the Trados Installer file being downloaded, the download stops and the following message appears: "Unable to load file. File 'Trados_6.5_Freelance_6.5.3.439.exe':no connection attempts left." At that point FTP0,1 and 2 are not shown in the window anymore and FTP3,4 and 6 have "Data receive failed" message. The download accelerator will not re-start despite the internet connection being still on or being re-set.

Also all the manuals and instruction mention that the file is downloaded in .zip format. Mine comes in .exe. Is this because of using the Download Accelerator?

Thank you very much for all your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems downloading Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »