Thread poster: Noah Koppers
Noah Koppers
Noah Koppers
Germany
Local time: 22:44
English to German
+ ...
Oct 25, 2023

I got a job offer where I need to provide some information about my services and my rates and the one point I don’t get is this one. I thought it maybe means if I offer the service, meaning Yes or No, but that makes no sense since I need to provide a rate with my answer as well and the LQA rate is a different bullet point.

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Language Quality Assessment Oct 25, 2023

Language Quality Assessment (LQA), also called Language Quality Assurance, is the process of reviewing translated content to ensure it is fit for its intended purpose, error-free, consistent across translated content, and on brand. The scope of a quality assessment can vary.
So they probably mean to ask if you provide Language Quality Assessment as a service.

[Bijgewerkt op 2023-10-25 13:42 GMT]

Thomas Pfann
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Susan Murphy Lamprecht
Gennady Lapardin

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
LQA Oct 25, 2023

Do you know what LQA is, Noah?

Noah Koppers
Noah Koppers
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
LQA Oct 25, 2023

Thank you for the explanation Renée, but I was familiar with the term LQA, I know what that is. The problem I am having is that I dont understand why they would ask me a yes or no question there.

I will try to describe my problem better.
There is an Excel file with a table.
The table has 3 columns; the first one is filled out by them and they put various jobs in that column: MTPE, LQA, LQA Service (Y/N) etc.
The next column is titled "rate" so I obviously need
... See more
Thank you for the explanation Renée, but I was familiar with the term LQA, I know what that is. The problem I am having is that I dont understand why they would ask me a yes or no question there.

I will try to describe my problem better.
There is an Excel file with a table.
The table has 3 columns; the first one is filled out by them and they put various jobs in that column: MTPE, LQA, LQA Service (Y/N) etc.
The next column is titled "rate" so I obviously need to put down my rates for the different jobs there.
And the third column is for the currency so EUR, USD, etc.

But I don't get why I should insert a rate for a down a Yes or No question (in that case the point "LQA Service (Yes/No)", so I thought it might mean something different than what I thought.
Collapse

Christopher Schröder

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
I'd suggest Oct 25, 2023

to ask the customer...

Noah Koppers
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Christopher Schröder
Victoria Britten
Evgeny Sidorenko
Jorge Payan
Sebastian Witte

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 05:44
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Right move Oct 28, 2023

Renée van Bijsterveld wrote:

to ask the customer...

I always do that when anything is unclear.
They are the ones who created the file to be filled out, so they should know it best.

Jorge Payan
Inge Schumacher

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What does „LQA Service (Y/N)“ mean?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »