RESUME FOR KIM JASPER
I am an experienced translator covering a broad range of topics.
My working methods are very structured and my focus on quality in all its aspects is intense.
High quality in the translation phase is of great value. My regular customers tell me that to them, my quality work means:
• Greatly satisfied end clients (their customers)
• Reduced total project costs (their costs) due to less cost and time spent on proofreading, reviewing, editing and QA
Delivering high quality work is also very rewarding and I would be more than happy assisting you in providing more value to your clients and bringing your own efforts and costs down at the same time.
I do not miss deadlines.
English -> Danish
Swedish -> Danish
Norwegian -> Danish
• Management and marketing
• Technical, engineering
• Consumer electronics
• Entertainment / gambling
• … and much other. High level of general knowledge and good at researching.
ACCREDITATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
I have proven language and text analysis skills (MA minor in Nordic languages and literature)
The SDL Certification Program is a technology based certification which provides a recognized standard of excellence in SDL software knowledge. I hold the highest certification level for translators, SDL Trados Studio for Translators - Advanced and SDL Multiterm for Translators:
Click on the logos above to see my certificates on the SDL website and learn more about the SDL Certification Program.
I am a platinum member of the translation community proz.com. Click here to view my proz.com profile
My experience and skills match translation extremely well:
• very broad knowledge in a large range of areas
• always curious
• very good & quick researcher
• very good English reading skills (I never need a dictionary when reading English fiction)
• good language acumen
• proven language and text analysis skills (minor in Nordic languages &
• good communications skills (8 years as international marketing manager)
• like to give a little extra
.... and not the least: I think translating is GREAT fun....
SOFTWARE, TOOLS AND HARDWARE
I do not hold back making investments when they:
• increase quality and productivity
• safeguard my customers' information
• ensure sustained operation by means of data backup and system redundancy
• improve my ability to respond quickly to customer queries
All my software is the newest stable version/release on the market. I usually put new versions in production apx. 3 months after availability to mitigate impact from any SW errors in the first release of a version. Most of my hardware is less than 2 years old.
• SDL Trados Studio
• SDL Trados Suite
• SDL Multiterm Extract
• A solid array of electronic and paper based general and specialist dictionaries
• Magazine and newsletter subscriptions covering my major topical fields
• QA Distiller
• Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition
• Microsoft Office Word, Powerpoint, Excel, OneNote, Access)
• Microsoft Office Accounting
• Adobe Acrobat Professional
• Canon Color Laserjet printer
• Lenovo Thinkpad W540
• Lenovo Thinkpad W530 (backup system)
PROTECTION AND BACKUP
• Norton Internet Security
• Acronis True Image
• Synology DS2413+ File Server
• Fellowes cross shredder
Graduated in 1982 from Aarhus Universitet, Aarhus, Denmark with a M.A. in Musical Science (major) and Nordic Language and Literature (minor)
Constant employment in the IT industry from 1982 to 2007 with a range of jobs from covering engineering, sales, marketing, management and senior management. My last assignment in the IT industry was being the European brand marketing manager for a very large global software brand.
I began building my translation business in 2005 on a part time basis. During 2007 it became evident to me how much I enjoy this kind of activity so in June 2007 I left my otherwise wonderful job in order to turn translation into my main work activity on my own will and initiative to attend to my business full time.